Sunday, 6 January 2013

Corneal Abrasion

 
I'll take on the personality
of a torn optic nerve
I'm used to it


Victoriana in stays
fixed up like that
is a lot to live up to


dry creosote can I
touch the fence now
creosoty splinters in


a cutting device
what's it called
a guillotine


Julie pulls my hair
through the slats
nothing personal


you are not an individual
you are one of a number
blamed for deforming the equation


entrenched or selvedge seal
is in good spirits
to exhume


the cosy mausoleum
it's my favourite word
lucky ring


lucky beads
lucky belt
lucky ring


no not really
I wear it a lot
eye size


has to be lucky
sometimes
seeing the rain


come down in prisms
pulling colours like
doctors appearing everywhere


in Blackmore
plash when they plant
a casket


and the day after
all the whites were rose
cutting off hazy


towns and villages where
we need a vehicle
bright lights


are bright lights a problem
yeah but I don't
wanna go anywhere


lost due to poor hygiene
is a hook and eye
un-hygienic


jaggy tear clot rancid
rust on my temple
stuck pillow to brow


like stem puss
soft boiled sap
she's under size


to take seriously
her interior scar
shivering in bed


with two hot poke holes
in my face
dreading shiny sun


just smile force
scared to electric light
November 5am


is it alizarin
to make a scene
like this overflow


with crying swastikas
make romantic fever poetry
detach disconnect


optic nerve over
a full black bath
with star sharps


can happen even
on your birthday
good luck


lucky ring
lucky beads
lock of never


just her tears
need time to
adjust after a trauma


the wrong man tortured
one eye cored out
during interrogation


he'll be alright
in London just needs
a heavy overcoat


I think bearded men
look more vulnerable
file under politics


future history
extinct and blind
Siamese cat


adopted before injection
is beautiful
lives by sound and feel


very well thank-you
Munch and Joyce
attack of the cry


can you thread it
for me
corneal abrasion


impotent weep on
the hour dropper
ovaly dissolve


primary yellow paraffin night
grease open the morning
split ended veins


secondary orange
affordable air travel
for the lower classes and


artists I don't
remember nightmares
somewhere between


taste and smell
lighter fuel
when I wake up


that'll be the medicine
no I've always had it
that'll be the medicine


have another
plastic dolly curse
has fallen down


the side of the bed
her eyes stuck open
scraping the wall


scathy water
lick spirity
as they snap on


an examination glove
for human protection
latex free


please keep watching
I'd really hate you
to miss me


digging my knife
and fork
into my lap


when I'm quite bloated
I'll start on hers
if she's not on me


helpings of memory flesh
ushered into my orbit
that had to happen


it's on my circuit
of admiration for
anyone who tags


an object of desire
puce
I might go back


for my scrap book
of slipped notes
hey pixie girl


come to the
after show party
hey been dying to


meet you
hey it must be
the devil between us


or whores in my head
whores at the door
whores in my bed


but hey where
have you been
and


I'd like to take you
for a drink
and


257359
my name's John
please call me


yellow rose didn't
flower this Christmas
just one hydrangea


frothy pink world
in December
Nan was like that


blousy
till the end
you're either born with it


or you die with it
she said
night scented


that is not
a condition the medical
profession recognises


slot into my diagnosis
and let me point
out the door


said the automated
chair press
professional smile


as if I'd waste
a smile value of
£3 to a photobooth


chemicals slide out
rejected by a smeary lens
rain stain


imagine the worst
a hair wire
hours days blind


trying to pluck it
ringletting tweezer aim
shard of a tear bit


was the achievement
of the day
you are not unique


in thinking the room
is so full
you dare not


put all your weight down
in one step
should the floor give way


you mean other people
think that
and they haven't


smashed in broken agony
two storeys below
yes


I confess to
a love–hate relationship
with plastic that's


really fresh greens
and all my tipsy nights
are made of it


light and replaceable
after informal goofing around
an office


for years
giving myself the
under arm paprika test


you know what
I mean
I seek a position


as a translator from
English into English
see sawing


I saw it
unbalance and scream
out of the eyes



 

No comments:

Post a Comment