Friday, 14 February 2014

Streetfighting


Concrete touching sky nearly home

a young moon

perfect night split by hail blades

she’s trapped between channels

step after step pushing weight to the monolith edge

can’t let go

ice burning through wool and denim

man-made’s not worth a second thought

tower blocks designed to shift in storms

she doesn’t move

the noise covering any sound from her

non-existent to the sense of

someone gone to be inside soon

I am grave robbing

and beyond weakness to be home

and comfort told of afternoon clouds

the colour of candle flame

in dirty blue sky

she waited for sun sign

to undo some heat and move

now I wait the hail wiring me to sky

and wall and pavement

I am inside this isn’t fear

it waited for me

aerial rage I know hurls at this wall

the air I replace is torn and smashed through a place

already demolished

time is vague

receiving a million milli-second

lashes in a fight I’d lose

you know so stay here

your hunger is nothing to me

your pain is nothing to me

I am the bird who feeds from your hand

tomorrow she wears damage like medals

not forever

and someone will test for broken windows

No comments:

Post a Comment