Monday, 29 September 2014

Dungeness Autumn Equinox


These days when we pay highly
just for a roof
floor boards track
another beach
power guarder and
more sky sparks than names
try to rest the truth gently
riding the eye on lighthouse beams
and a block of concrete
awake with pastel glitter
we were awake too
rivals
and the truth is
day will come
if you believe in that
we should rise also
beach and garden switch
desert and ice flats
how will I say this
edible colour
seriously?

Greyly almost texture
the concrete night veil
has gone
now we have to listen
the same veil changes
to a hum
with tidal music
and us
turning to a stripe
of reflector red
shall we dance in cradles of
exhaustion
imagining cut feet
if our souls are so young
they break
offering strings pulled from
night to day
stretched along wood
and arm shapes to slow
the meeting of a beat
keep moving
if we stop now
will the torch go out
behind ancient amber
that's how I understand it
rising
silvering water
forces me to look away
to concrete and a danger sign.

Padlocked chain to chain
am I allowed to walk around
or place a stone
where I think there's a gap
something delicate always seems able
to grow out of rock
I don't know what belongs here
or if I can take this home
wartime defences and pieces of
storm wood I'd call them
sun dials with the shadow
gone missing
curled up inside a boat
inside her open casket
autumn beach house
stuck with everything had a use
once
necroporium
and a car that doesn't go
so we plan the next escape
and leave this house painted black
formidable
like I always feel safer in
my leather jacket
he left sunburst yellow frames
have we come to look
through windows?

No comments:

Post a Comment