Monday, 1 September 2014

The Clearing


By some miracle day slept

or she let us watch

inside our eyelids

the hospital bed in a film

really in the wood

just reminds me of a film

wrought ivy

that came later at home

but it fits

somehow cloth houses were enough

for my subliminal cat

to lean on the emergency door

we are the music

and something to hang from

just by the shadow tips

he said he’d tie her up

but softer than the ground

on my back

and front not yet

as if the woods need blessing

white super circle raworth

what did he give me

transport

gathering the colours of hurricane

against a weekend

mud what I done last night

and lingering ammonia if I forget

to wait while I move

ten minutes long

that sharp one bug sighted

he slanted himself

accented as well

dry in the nest wet

runs off a long lash

find me the opener

we sat there and knew each other

we’d always known each other

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment